Poetry Makes Me

Hey, I'm just a poet. Words pumping warm in my veins like similies. Bones are metaphores. And the rest, the rest hasn't been written yet....
Gye Nyame Soldier

Knowledge

Knowledge
Rushing against minds to draw them current.

Friday, May 27, 2011

Spoken Word Spots Hungry

I love to attend spoken word spots. I'm a poet, Gye Nyame Soldier, who love listening to other poets. Their  words feed like soul food, and I stay full. I starting spittin' ten weeks ago. I first stepped on a stage to perform this poetry at Mrs. Marians SoulFood Cafe. Followed that by consecutive Wednesdays at Fuzzys. That's not to forget the epic times at Pure. I met a plethora of dope poets. One of those poets, God Child The Omen, has become like a big brother (mentor) in poetry to me. He plainly explained the ins and outs of the poetry community to me. I still remember, coming to him like, "Yo I know you've been doing this for a while and I wanted to know what do I need to do?" He just said, calm as hell, "The more you get on the mic, the more you get on the mic." Those words became imprinted on my license to push pens. I love to spit. My time became consumed with attending every event possible. It lit a fire which has ignited into a blaze. Remember like I wrote earlier in this post I feed of of these poets, and right now I'm hungry as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment